PT Petrosea Tbk. is a multi-disciplinary mining, infrastructure and oil & gas services Company with a track record of achievement in Indonesia since 1972. Drawing on rich and varied years of experience throughout the Indonesian archipelago, Petrosea is now recognized as one of Indonesia’s leading contractors.
We offer a competitive advantage through our ability to provide complete pit-to-port mining solutions, supported by integrated engineering and construction capabilities and logistic support, whilst demonstrating absolute commitment to health, safety & environment, quality management, and ethically code of business conduct. We also provide services for the oil and gas industry in Indonesia through our Petrosea Offshore Supply Base (POSB) deep-water supply base that consistently delivers international standard and cost-effective services to all of our clients. Together with its holding company, PT Indika Energy Tbk., Petrosea is able to provide complete business solutions in the energy supply chain.
We are currently taking applicants for the following position:
Execute, monitor and control the construction activities of the project in order to ensure that it is completed on time and to the total satisfaction of the client whilst achieving tender profit margins and meeting the safety and quality expectations of the company.
1. Willing to Work extended hours to ensure project completion on time.
2. Min. 5 years previous working experience in constructions project in a supervisory or similar capacity.
3. Computer literate. including working knowledge of drawings systems
4. Knowledge of building codes.
5. Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings and documents.
6. Ability to maintain accurate and details records
7. Organizational, and supervisory skills
8. Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
1. Review inspection reports, drawing, and plans.
2. Design complex structures and reviews the designs of other engineers to assure specified engineering requirements
3. Inspects and evaluates location survey data to assure that conditions, existing structures and underground facilities on the site are fully disclosed and accounted for in drawings and resulting plans.
4. Reviews calculations for projects, clearance, drainage requirements, span length, stresses and reinforcement demands
5. Analyzes data, comparing against specified and computed values, and suggesting changes and improvements where needed.
6. Provide assistance to budget personnel in preparing cost estimates.
7. Investigates casualties or failure of structures. Documents findings and recommends solutions to problems and/ or procedures to prevent re-occurance.
8. Follow and implement HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs conform to official standard and requirements.
9. Acts as liaison with clients assuring satisfaction with progress and quality.
10. Informs higher management of business opportunities and problems which may impact on the company’s business
11. Analyzes assigned tasks to determine estimates of man-hours and material needed for completion.
12. Provides technical support and technical guidance to associate engineers and personnel.
13. Recommend type and material for structures.
Control and monitor the execution of a Project (or section of a Project) including the liaison and control between Engineering/Procurement/Construction to ensure that all materials and services that are purchased, fabricated, and constructed are delivered on time and in strict accordance with the approved project specifications and accepted industry codes, as well as providing specific solutions to constructability or interface (clash) issues during the construction phase.
1. Min. Bachelor degree in Engineering
2. Min. 3 years previous experiences as Project Engineer
3. Proven track record of performing a Project Engineers role in projects in the Mineral Sector that also encompasses a multi-cultural workforce with the use of International Subcontractors.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of engineering, procurement and construction management principles and practices. Must possess an in depth knowledge of the Engineering and Design process as well as extensive experience in construction methods.
5. Willing to work extended hours to meet with Project deadlines
6. Required to work onsite in extreme remote areas with limited facilities
7. Requires multitasking capabilities (project engineering, scheduling, budgeting, etc)
8. Ability to supervise and evaluate the work of subordinates.
1. Be fully conversant with the contents of the Project Safety Management Plans and the Company policies on safety. Ensure that Safety topics are discussed with all Vendors / Subcontractors / Fabricators prior to award and be vigilant in enforcing the agreed standards.
2. Be fully conversant with all Project Management Plans and all Company procedures. Enforce the use of the procedures and immediately identify any non-compliance with the Project Manager.
3. Ensure all technical specifications and industry codes are strictly enforced by all Vendors and subcontractors.
4. Manage and efficiently close out all Technical Queries that are raised by all partners including Vendors, Subcontractors, and Construction personnel. Maintain a TQ status report to track all TQ’s.
5. Promote a Teamwork environment to get all members of the Team providing input to each situation. Take ownership of solutions and promote a positive reward culture.
6. Develop a Team to handle all Project Engineering activities. Prepare Position Descriptions for the team members and lead them to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner and with efficiency.
7. Manage the interface between Procurement and Engineering to ensure that Technical Bid Evaluations are prepared on a timely basis. Liaise with Vendors (via consultation with the Procurement Manager) as necessary to ensure that all technical aspects are dealt with prior to the award of work to Vendors and subcontractors. Attend the Kick-off meeting for all major orders.
8. Monitor the Project schedule and the schedule of Vendors/Fabricators and advise the Project Manager when issues are evident or likely to be reported incorrectly.
9. Liaise closely with the Construction Manager/ superintendent and be involved with all constructability reviews during Project start-up.
10. Liaise with the Quality Manager to ensure all Vendors are adhering to the approved Project specifications and codes. Raise issues as they arise and assist with the close-out of NCR’s.
11. Be commercially aware. Review the scope of work documents for project and all subcontracts and procured items to ensure that variations will be minimised. Liaise with the Project Engineer Manager for all issues surrounding the assessment of Variations by the project partners.Variations by main contract is maximized & variations by subcontract are minimized.
Manages and ensure all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
1. Min Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferable in civil engineering
2. Min. 3 years experiences as a quantity surveyor or related with commercial/project cost controller/cost planner
3. Good knowledge of construction methods and materials
4. May be required to work flexible hours to suit Project requirements
5. Good communication & negotiation skill, budget handling skill
6. Willing to be placed in all project
1. Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the relevant parties (ex: architect or client)
2. Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks, performing risk, value management and cost control
3. Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
4. Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
5. Providing advice on contractual claims and procurement strategy to resolve disputes between clients, designers and building contractors
6. Analyzing outcomes and create detailed progress reports
7. Maintain and implementing HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs conform to official standard and requirements.
RIGGING & LIFTING SUPERINTENDENT
(Assignment: East Kalimantan)
Run the Petrosea Offshore Supply Base operational daily activities in accordance with the requirements of company procedure. Advice, coaching all personnel involved on non-routine, critical and complex lifting operation (Heavy Lift).
1. Min Bachelor Degree from Mechanical Engineering or Engineering major.
2. Min.7 years professional experience in Rigging and Lifting (Heavy lift).
3. Certified ASNT.
4. Having experience as Crane Inspector.
5. Understand HSE principle in all aspects shore base operation.
6. Fluent in Bahasa & English.
7. Computer literate (Ms. Office, SAP and Auto cad.
1. Responsible for providing lifting plan, hazards assessment, site inspection and involved on non-routine, critical and complex lifting operation (heavy lift)
2. Provide guidance, advice and make decision to maintain lifting gear and lifting equipment include CCU to subordinates, subcontractors and customers/ clients (if requested)
3. Controlling/ monitoring the lifting gear and lifting equipment include CCU using by Customer/ Clients.
4. Ensure work equipment’s is stored, is composed and well organized in their respective places
5. Continually review, develop and improvement by modification to operating procedure/ work instructions
6. Effectively communicate with relevant parties, including the client associates to execute lifting operation
7. Provide guidance, advice and make decision to maintain lifting gear and lifting equipment include CCU to subordinates, subcontractors and customers/ clients (if requested)
Analyse and interpret tax regulations and prepare required tax reports so that the organisation meets its tax obligations and objectives.
1. Min.Diploma or Bachelor degree in economy, or other related major
2. Having experience as consultant experience and knowledge on indsutry is preferable
3. Always keep current with new tax laws and regulations.
4. Min. 3 year experience on taxation area
5. Attention to detail
6. Good command in English
7. Good computer skill, especially in Excel spread sheet program
1. Ensure that the organisation meets its tax obligations and objectives and complies with all relevant laws and regulations.
2. Liaise with Tax Manager, Tax Superintendent, Fin Manager to calculate annual tax and ensure tax calculation enclosed with relevant documents include tax return and manage to payment and lodgment.
3. Maintain tax information and records; prepare tax returns, tax payment and lodgment, and other required reports so that they are submitted accurately and on time
4. Audit and ensure tax return reports for timely delivery to concerned authorities
5. Liaise with HR Payroll Department in monitor income tax on PTP employees annually.
6. Assist in providing data for tax audit and other taxation activities.
7. Conduct formal annual performance review and provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and performance counselling as required for all direct reports.
To prepare detailed cost estimates the Company can have confidence in, all in accordance with Company procedures and accepted good practice for the industry. Actively assist the Estimating Team to continually enhance estimating procedures and processes. Actively contribute to a positive teamwork environment at all times.
1. May require local & overseas travel for site visits as well as occasional short term assignments to work in other Petrosea / Clough offices, partners offices etc.
2. Overtime working will be required from time to time
3. May require acting as Lead Estimator
4. Min. 3 years experiences as estimator
5. Min. Bachelor degree preferably in Engineering
6. May require local & overseas travel for site visits as well as occasional short term assignments to work in other Petrosea offices, partners offices etc.
7. Strong background in technical aspect of design, calculation, project site supervision
8. Computer Literate (Ms. Office), Autocad, MS Project
1. Prepare estimates is CES format in accordance with Petrosea’s procedures.
2. Prepare and maintain electronic and hardcopy tender files in accordance with Company procedures.
3. Prepare or arrange for detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
4. Attend site visit and prepare detailed report of existing local conditions, available facilities and technical capabilities.
5. Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be included referring the location of supplementary information.
6. Ensure that a comprehensive Subcontract Enquiry Package is sent only to Company Approved Subcontractors for any “major subcontract” work. Terms and conditions of the Subcontract Package must be back to back with the head contract. Comprehensive Subcontract Enquiry Packages to be reviewed by all Division functional departments.
7. Ensure Subcontractor responses are properly evaluated and the results tabulated on a Subcontractor Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
8. Ensure (by working closely with the Lead Estimator) that the Indirect Cost Estimate is properly prepared and cost.
9. Identifies (with the Bid Manager and Lead Estimator) the “big ticket” items in the Estimate and proactively works on these with the bid team with a value added outcome as the aim.
10. Assist designated Planner in the preparation of the construction schedule, providing man hours and plant requirement for each activity and also indicating anticipated durations and minimum manning.
11. Participate with the Lead Estimator and other Discipline Estimators in benchmarking productivities to be applied to the Estimate against recognized industry norms. The productivity uplift/discount shall be shown separately for each bill item in the estimate.
12. Assist the Lead Estimator and Bid Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company. R&O Matrix is to serve as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the Cost Estimate.
13. Ensure the Estimate Basis is “Current Cost” by utilizing the labour and staff rates prepared by the Estimating Manager and all material prices are from current quotations.
14. Present for review by the Lead Estimator the Cost Estimate in detail prior to review of the tender by management.
15. Assist Bid Manager with the preparation of a list of commercial and technical clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
16. Assist Bid Manager in completing Client’s pricing and technical tender schedules.
17. When requested, carry out peer review of estimated compiled by other estimators and or divisions, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and plant requirements.
18. Responsible for continually maintaining and updating the database of estimating norms including feedback from past projects in Division Estimating and Norms Manual.From time to time work as a Bid Manager
Please send detailed resume including recent photograph, to show your interest for this position, and quoting in email to
in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 23 November 2015.