Posting date: January 11, 2016
Expiry date: January 25, 2016
G-Resources is an Asia-Pacific gold company, based and listed in Hong Kong, and is operating the Martabe Gold Mine in North Sumatera, Indonesia and has a resource base of 7.4 million ounces of gold and 70 million ounces of silver. Production commenced at Martabe on 24 July 2012, produces greater than 250,000oz gold and 2M oz silver per annum.
The Martabe Gold Mine has strong support from the Indonesian Central, Provincial and Local Governments and the communities of Batangtoru. The Company believes that mines should be developed, operated and decommissioned in a manner that is socially responsible. Caring for our people, the communities in which we conduct our business and the environment is our philosophy, and the core that underpins the way we conduct business.”
To strengthen the existing management team and to ensure the achievement of the company objectives, the Martabe Gold Mine is looking for candidate to fill the role:
Superintendent – Contract Department (SCM 1601002)
This position is a permanent employment, will be based in Martabe Site and Contract Section in SCM Department, working on schedule 4 Weeks on ; 2 weeks off and reports directly to the Deputy Manager Procurement & Contracts.
Role of this position is responsible to plan, organize and control the activities of the PTAR Contracts section and manage commercial aspects of all contracting activities throughout all user departments in accordance with PTAR standards, policies and procedures, Indonesian Law and Contract of Work while at the same time ensuring a high level of support and transparency to user departments for contract bidding, negotiating, preparation, administration and management and applying an ethical, efficient, risk managed, consistent and cost effective approach at every stage of the process. The Superintendent - Contracts Department is responsible for all site Contracts which encompass a full range of services across the whole Martabe operation and can vary greatly in scope of work, criticality, value and risk profile. All of these contracts no matter the size, complexity and value contribute to the successful operation of the Martabe Gold Mine. PTAR ethical standards must be maintained at all times with a clear focus on our company and employee code of ethics, confidentiality and company values.
Candidates for this role would be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
1. Graduated from Degree in business, law, engineering or equivalent.
2. Certified professional in Contracts & Procurement with a strong focus on Contract Law, Contract drafting and regulatory compliance.
3. Minimum 15+ years’ experience in contract management within a medium to large mining operation including project construction.
4. At least 10 years experience in a similar role.
5. Experience in high dollar services and preparing complex services or Contracts.
6. Sound understanding of relevant Indonesian business, legal system, company law, immigration, manpower, tax, importation, mines and energy regulations.
7. Contract writing, including technical capabilities, Scope of Work (SOW) and commercial terms & condition.
8. Strong Contract Management skills. Able to competently manage the contractor and ensure compliance to contract terms and conditions.
9. Well-developed computer skills to be able to implement and maintain effective processes and procedures.
10. Exposure to PRONTO or similar ERP system.
11. Strong analytical capabilities and negotiating skills, sound business sense, advanced English language documentation skills with high attention to detail.
12. Good communication skill both Indonesia and English
13. Good interpersonal skill
If you believe, you possess the skills, qualification and experience to fill in the position, please send in your CV complete with your latest photograph by quoting the position title & code on the email subject, no later than January 25, 2016 to:
Females are encouraged to apply; only short listed candidates will be notified for further processes. For more information on G-Resources and the Martabe Gold Mine please visit www.g-resources.com.